cloves garlic, thinly sliced
chili pepper (such as serrano or jalapeño), thinly sliced
dry white wine
littleneck clams, scrubbed
kosher salt and black pepper
chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water; drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and chili and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the wine and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the clams, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper and cook, covered, until the clams open, 6 to 8 minutes. (Discard any clams that remain closed.)
- Add the clam mixture, ½ cup of the reserved cooking water, and ¼ teaspoon salt to the pasta and cook over medium heat, tossing gently, until the sauce is heated through, 1 to 2 minutes (add more cooking water as needed to loosen the sauce).
- Serve sprinkled with the parsley.