Linguine With Spicy Shrimp
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 3/4 pound linguine
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp, tails removed (raw)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- kosher salt
- 2 bunches watercress, thick stems removed and torn (about 6 cups)
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve 3/4 cup of the cooking water; drain the pasta. Wipe out the pot.
- Heat the oil in the pasta pot over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp, garlic, red pepper, and ½ teaspoon salt. Cook, tossing occasionally, until cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the pasta, watercress, lemon zest, and 1/2 cup of the reserved cooking water and cook, tossing, until the sauce coats the pasta, 1 to 2 minutes (adding more cooking water as needed to loosen the sauce).
- Per Serving
- Calories 622
- Fat 18g
- Sat Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 259mg
- Sodium 513mg
- Protein 46g
- Carbohydrate 64g
- Sugar 3g
- Fiber 2g
- Iron 5mg
- Calcium 155mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
You may see either bagged, larger-stemmed, or delicate hydroponically grown watercress in the grocery store. All work equally well in this recipe. Trim off any thick and woody stems before using.