- 3/4pound linguine
- 1/4cup olive oil
- 1 1/2pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp, tails removed (raw)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 to 1/2teaspoon crushed red pepper
- kosher salt
- 2 bunches watercress, thick stems removed and torn (about 6 cups)
- 1tablespoon grated lemon zest
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve 3/4 cup of the cooking water; drain the pasta. Wipe out the pot.
- Heat the oil in the pasta pot over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp, garlic, red pepper, and ½ teaspoon salt. Cook, tossing occasionally, until cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the pasta, watercress, lemon zest, and 1/2 cup of the reserved cooking water and cook, tossing, until the sauce coats the pasta, 1 to 2 minutes (adding more cooking water as needed to loosen the sauce).