- 1pound spaghetti or fettuccine
- 3tablespoons olive oil
- zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/3cup freshly grated Parmesan (optional)
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large sauté pan over medium-low heat. Add the lemon zest, garlic, and jalapeños and cook until lightly browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the pasta, lemon juice, peas, salt, pepper, and remaining oil and cook until heated through, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the Parmesan, if desired, toss well, and serve.