Spicy Hoisin Skirt Steak With Cucumber Salad
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 cup quick-cooking brown rice
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha or Asian chili-garlic sauce
- canola oil, for the grill
- 1 1/2 pounds skirt steak, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 English cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup salted, roasted peanuts, chopped
- Heat grill to medium-high. Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together the hoisin and Sriracha; oil grill. Brush the steak with the hoisin mixture and grill, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- In a medium bowl, toss the cucumber and scallion whites with the vinegar, sugar, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Serve with the steak and rice and sprinkle with the peanuts and scallion greens.
- Per Serving
- Calories 444
- Fat 20g
- Sat Fat 6g
- Cholesterol 79mg
- Sodium 458mg
- Protein 40g
- Carbohydrate 26g
- Sugar 5g
- Fiber 3g
- Iron 5mg
- Calcium 50mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Turn the leftovers from this sweet-and-spicy dish into a sandwich: Serve the steak on whole-wheat bread with the cucumber salad and sliced avocado.