large garlic cloves, finely chopped
freshly grated ginger
Thai red curry paste (such as Thai Kitchen)
small or baby eggplants (about 1 1/2 pounds), cut lengthwise into wedges
head cauliflower (about 1 pound), broken into florets
15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
fresh basil leaves, torn if large
- Heat oven to 450º F.
- In a large saucepan, combine the rice, ¼ teaspoon salt, and 2 ¼ cups water and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer on low until the water is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the garlic, ginger, oil, curry paste, 1 ¼ teaspoons salt, and ½ cup water. Toss with the eggplants and cauliflower.
- Transfer to a roasting pan in a single layer. Roast until tender, about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, adding the chickpeas during the last 5 minutes.
- Remove the vegetables from oven and toss with the bean sprouts and basil. Place 1 cup of rice on each of 4 plates and top with some of the vegetables.