- 8 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped jarred pimentos
- 3 ounces sharp orange cheddar, grated (about ¾ cup)
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne, plus more for garnish
- Kosher salt
- Place the eggs in a large saucepan and add enough cold water to cover them by 1 inch. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand for 12 minutes. Drain the eggs and run under cold water to cool.
- Peel the eggs and cut in half lengthwise. Transfer the yolks to a small bowl and mash with the pimentos, cheddar, mayonnaise, lemon juice, cayenne, and ½ teaspoon salt.
- Spoon the yolk mixture into the egg whites, sprinkle with additional cayenne.