- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt
- 5cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 3cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 15-ounce can hominy, rinsed
- 1tablespoon chipotles in adobo, chopped
- tortilla chips, for serving
- fresh salsa, for serving
- Cook the onion, celery, and garlic in the oil with ½ teaspoon salt in a large pot over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, chicken, hominy, and chipotles. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve the soup with the tortilla chips and salsa.