- 1 6-ounce jar sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 2 15 1/2-ounce cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-ounce can whole tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1/2cup cilantro sprigs
- Pour 1 tablespoon of oil from the sun-dried tomatoes into a large skillet; discard the remaining oil. Chop the sun-dried tomatoes and set aside.
- Sauté the onion and jalapeno in the skillet over medium heat until the onion is translucent.
- Stir in the beans, canned tomatoes, salt, and sun-dried tomatoes. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes. Garnish with the cilantro.