Spicy Beef Kebabs With Watermelon Salad
Serves 4| Total Time:
- 1/4 medium watermelon (about 2 pounds), cut into pieces
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup torn fresh mint leaves
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds tri-tip or sirloin steak, cut into 16 pieces (about 1 1/2 inches each)
- 8 red jalapeño peppers, cut into 1-inch-thick rings
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Heat grill to medium-high. Soak 8 wooden skewers for 10 minutes.
- Arrange the watermelon on a plate. Sprinkle with the onion, mint, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Thread the beef and jalapeños onto skewers and season with ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Grill, turning frequently, 6 to 8 minutes for medium-rare.
- Serve with the lime wedges and watermelon salad.
- Per Serving
- Calories 366Calories From Fat 125
- Fat 14g
- Sat Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 111mg
- Sodium 458mg
- Protein 38g
- Carbohydrate 26g
- Sugar 19g
- Fiber 3g
- Iron 6mg
- Calcium 51mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Look for oblong or well-rounded watermelons that sound hollow when slapped. Avoid those with flat or soft spots or punctures in the rind.