Spiced Strip Steak With Carrots, Onions, and Garlic
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots, cut into 3-inch pieces and halved lengthwise if large
- 2 red onions, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 8 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano, plus leaves for serving
- 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 strip steaks (1/2 inch thick; about 1 1/2 pounds total)
- Heat oven to 450° F. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the carrots, onions, garlic, and oregano with ¼ cup of the oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Roast, tossing once, until tender, 25 to 30 minutes; remove the oregano stems.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the coriander, cinnamon, cayenne, and ½ teaspoon salt. Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the steak with the spice mixture. Working in 2 batches, cook to the desired doneness, 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Serve the steak with the vegetables and sprinkle with the oregano leaves.
- Per Serving
- Calories 447
- Fat 24g
- Sat Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 74mg
- Sodium 657mg
- Protein 35g
- Carbohydrate 22g
- Sugar 10g
- Fiber 6g
- Iron 3mg
- Calcium 102mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .