Spiced Shrimp With Green Beans and Lime
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound green beans, halved crosswise
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 to 2 red jalapeño peppers, thinly sliced
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- Cook the rice according to the package directions. Fluff with a fork and fold in the cilantro.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the green beans, garlic, jalapeños, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper. Cook, tossing frequently, for 3 minutes.
- Season the shrimp with the chili powder, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper and add to the skillet.
- Cook, tossing occasionally, until opaque throughout, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the lime juice and serve over the rice.
- Per Serving
- Calories 461
- Fat 11g
- Sat Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 259mg
- Sodium 633mg
- Protein 40g
- Carbohydrate 50g
- Sugar 2g
- Fiber 3g
- Iron 7mg
- Calcium 139mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .