long-grain white rice
fresh cilantro leaves
green beans, halved crosswise
cloves garlic, chopped
1 to 2
red jalapeño peppers, thinly sliced
kosher salt and black pepper
peeled and deveined large shrimp
fresh lime juice
- Cook the rice according to the package directions. Fluff with a fork and fold in the cilantro.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the green beans, garlic, jalapeños, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper. Cook, tossing frequently, for 3 minutes.
- Season the shrimp with the chili powder, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper and add to the skillet.
- Cook, tossing occasionally, until opaque throughout, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the lime juice and serve over the rice.