Spiced Pumpkin Cake
Serves 12| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus more for the pan
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled, plus more for the pan
- 5 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree (1 1⁄2 cups)
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Heat oven to 350° F. Butter and flour a 12-cup Bundt pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and granulated sugar on medium-high until fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Beat in the pumpkin puree, milk, and molasses (the mixture may appear curdled). Reduce the mixer speed to low; gradually add the flour mixture and mix until just combined (do not overmix).
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 55 to 65 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 30 minutes, then invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a bowl, whisk together the confectioners’ sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Drizzle over the cake. Let set before serving.
- Per Serving
- Calories 453
- Fat 17g
- Sat Fat 10g
- Cholesterol 94mg
- Sodium 256mg
- Protein 6g
- Carbohydrate 71g
- Sugar 43g
- Fiber 3g
- Iron 2mg
- Calcium 65mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .