Spiced Pork Chops With Red Cabbage and Raisins
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 bone-in pork rib chops (about 1 inch thick; 2 pounds total)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1/2 small head red cabbage, thinly sliced (about 6 cups)
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- bread (optional)
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Season the pork with the cumin, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼teaspoon pepper and cook until browned and cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a second skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the onion, stirring occasionally, until softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- To the second skillet, add the cabbage, raisins, vinegar, ¼ cup water, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Cook the cabbage mixture, covered, tossing occasionally, until just tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in the dill.
- Serve the cabbage mixture with the pork and bread, if desired.
- Per Serving
- Calories 311
- Fat 14g
- Sat Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 54mg
- Sodium 678mg
- Protein 23g
- Carbohydrate 25g
- Fiber 4g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .