Spiced Mixed Nuts
Makes 6 cups| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 large egg whites
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 cups mixed unsalted raw nuts (such as walnuts, pecans, cashews, and pistachios)
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup finely grated Parmesan (about 1 ounces)
- Heat oven to 300° F. Using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until foamy. Gradually add the sugar, beating until a loose meringue forms. Beat in the Old Bay Seasoning, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne, and salt.
- Mix in the nuts and butter, then mix in the Parmesan. Divide the nuts between 2 parchment-lined rimmed baking sheets, spreading them in a single layer. Bake, switching the baking sheets halfway through, until golden brown, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Let cool and store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- Per Serving
- Calories 112Calories From Fat 81%
- Calcium 18mg
- Carbohydrate 5g
- Cholesterol 5mg
- Fat 10g
- Fiber 1g
- Iron 0mg
- Protein 2mg
- Sat Fat 2g
- Sodium 54mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .