Spiced Lamb Chops and Smashed Peas
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Heat oven to 400° F. Season the chops with the curry powder and ¾ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, brown the chops, about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer the chops to a baking sheet and roast to the desired doneness, 4 to 6 minutes for medium-rare.
- Wipe out the skillet and heat the remaining oil over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the peas and gently smash with a fork or potato masher. Cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the lemon juice, mint, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Serve with the lamb and pita bread.
- Per Serving
- Calories 444Calories From Fat 33%
- Fat 16g
- Sat Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 87mg
- Sodium 794mg
- Protein 36g
- Carbohydrate 37g
- Fiber 7g
- Sugar 6g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Any kind of lamb chop―rib (shown), loin, or shoulder―will work in this recipe. If you opt for the larger shoulder chops, plan on only one per person.