- 8 lamb chops (about 2 pounds)
- 1teaspoon curry powder
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 3cups frozen peas, thawed
- 2teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 2 pieces pita bread, torn into quarters and toasted
- Heat oven to 400° F. Season the chops with the curry powder and ¾ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, brown the chops, about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer the chops to a baking sheet and roast to the desired doneness, 4 to 6 minutes for medium-rare.
- Wipe out the skillet and heat the remaining oil over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the peas and gently smash with a fork or potato masher. Cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the lemon juice, mint, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Serve with the lamb and pita bread.