Spiced Lamb Chops With Chickpeas
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 lamb loin chops (about 1 1/2 inches thick)
- 4 medium carrots, peeled into strips
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 15 fresh mint leaves, whole or torn
- Heat oven to 400° F. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 1/4 cup of the oil, the fennel seeds, cumin, 1 teaspoon of the salt, and the pepper. Add the lamb chops and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 8 hours.
- Before cooking, let the chops stand at room temperature for 10 minutes. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Scrape the fennel seeds off the chops. Add 4 of the chops to the skillet. Cook until golden, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining chops. Roast until the chops are the desired doneness, about 8 minutes for medium-rare.
- Meanwhile, wipe out the skillet, place over medium heat, and add the remaining oil. Add the carrots and chickpeas and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes. Add the lemon juice, mint, and the remaining salt and toss. Divide the chops and chickpeas among individual plates.
- Per Serving
- Calories 863Calories From Fat 65%
- Fat 62g
- Sat Fat 24g
- Cholesterol 163mg
- Sodium 934mg
- Carbohydrate 31g
- Fiber 7g
- Sugar 8g
- Protein 45g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .