plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
small lamb loin chops (2 pounds total)
kosher salt and black pepper
medium carrots, thinly sliced on the bias
cloves garlic, thinly sliced
15.5-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
fresh lemon juice
chopped fresh dill
- Heat oven to 400º F. Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the lamb with the curry powder, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper. Cook until browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer the lamb to a baking sheet and roast, 4 to 6 minutes for medium-rare.
- Meanwhile, wipe out the skillet. Heat the remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add the carrots and cook, tossing frequently, until tender, 6 to 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the chickpeas, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook, tossing occasionally, until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the lemon juice and dill. Serve the vegetables with the lamb.