- 3teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1cup quinoa, rinsed well
- 2cups chopped broccoli
- 1/4cup raisins
- 1/2cup roasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 46-ounce pieces skinless cod, halibut, or striped bass fillet
- 1/2teaspoon paprika
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and season with ¾ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and starting to brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the quinoa and 1½ cups water to the saucepan and bring to a boil; reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer gently until almost all the water has evaporated, 10 to 12 minutes. Fold the broccoli and raisins into the quinoa, cover, and cook until the quinoa and broccoli are tender, 8 to 10 minutes more. Remove from heat and fold in the almonds, scallions, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Season the cod with the paprika, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook until opaque throughout, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Serve with the pilaf.