- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2pound ground beef (80 to 85 percent lean)
- 1/3cup golden raisins
- 2tablespoons ketchup
- 1/4teaspoon ground cinnamon
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 store-bought refrigerated rolled piecrusts
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2cup sour cream
- 1/4teaspoon lime zest
- Heat oven to 375º F. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 5 to 6 minutes. Add the beef and cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until no longer pink, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the raisins, ketchup, cinnamon, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Using a 2½-inch round cookie cutter, cut out circles from the piecrusts. Divide the beef mixture among the circles, brush the edges with water, fold in half, and press with a fork to seal. Transfer to a baking sheet and brush with the egg. Bake until golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Put the sour cream in a small bowl and sprinkle with the lime zest. Serve with the empanadas.