Spice-Baked Sea Bass and Red Lentils
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 16 ounces red or green lentils, washed and drained
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 6-ounce sea bass fillets, skin removed
- Heat oven to 400° F. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 7 minutes or until soft.
- Add the garlic, ginger, and cumin and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the lentils and broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the lentils are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the lemon juice, ¼ teaspoon of the pepper, and ¾ teaspoon of the salt. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the coriander (if desired), thyme, and the remaining salt and pepper. Place the fish in a baking dish, drizzle with the remaining oil, and sprinkle with the spice mixture.
- Bake until the fish is the same color throughout and flakes easily, about 10 minutes. Divide the lentils among individual plates and serve with the fish.
- Per Serving
- Calories 443Calories From Fat 33%
- Fat 16g
- Sat Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 70mg
- Sodium 791mg
- Carbohydrate 34g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 8g
- Protein 47g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .