large yellow onion, finely chopped
cloves garlic, finely chopped
red or green lentils, washed and drained
low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
fresh lemon juice
ground coriander (optional)
6-ounce sea bass fillets, skin removed
- Heat oven to 400° F. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 7 minutes or until soft.
- Add the garlic, ginger, and cumin and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the lentils and broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the lentils are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the lemon juice, ¼ teaspoon of the pepper, and ¾ teaspoon of the salt. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the coriander (if desired), thyme, and the remaining salt and pepper. Place the fish in a baking dish, drizzle with the remaining oil, and sprinkle with the spice mixture.
- Bake until the fish is the same color throughout and flakes easily, about 10 minutes. Divide the lentils among individual plates and serve with the fish.