- 3tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2ounces Spanish chorizo (cured sausage), sliced into thin half-moons
- 3/4pound red potatoes, diced
- kosher salt and pepper
- 3/4cup flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 10 large eggs, beaten
- 1cup (4 ounces) shredded Manchego or sharp Cheddar
- 1 small head green-leaf lettuce
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 400° F. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add the yellow onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the chorizo, potatoes, and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are tender, 10 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley. Pour in the eggs and stir to distribute the ingredients. Sprinkle with the cheese and transfer to oven.
- Bake the omelet until puffed and brown around the edges and a knife comes out clean, about 15 minutes.
- Divide the lettuce and red onion among plates and drizzle with the remaining oil. Cut the omelet into wedges and serve with the salad.