Spanish Chicken and Rice
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2 1/2-inch pieces
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine (such as Sauvignon Blanc)
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup pimiento-stuffed Spanish olives, chopped (optional)
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels. Season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Cook the chicken until golden brown, 2 minutes per side. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the wine, tomatoes and juice, rice, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Stir in peas and cook, covered, until heated through, about 2 minutes. Stir in the parsley.
- Spoon the chicken and rice onto plates. Serve with the olives, if desired.
- Per Serving
- Calories 442Calories From Fat 10%
- Fat 5g
- Sat Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 66mg
- Sodium 574mg
- Carbohydrate 53g
- Fiber 8g
- Sugar 11g
- Protein 34g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .