- 1 cup brown rice
- ¾ cup coarsely chopped roasted red peppers
- ¼ cup pitted green olives, sliced (about 6 olives)
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1½ teaspoons cumin
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 avocado, quartered
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Combine the peppers, olives, capers, and vinegar in a large bowl.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground sirloin and cook, stirring occasionally, until cooked through and beginning to brown, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Stir in the cumin and 2 tablespoons of the peppers and olives and cook for 2 minutes more. Season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
- Divide the rice evenly among 4 bowls and top evenly with the meat, lettuce, remaining peppers and olives, and avocado.