Spaghetti With Zucchini, Walnuts, and Raisins
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the walnuts and cook, stirring frequently, until beginning to brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until beginning to brown, about 1 minute.
- Add the zucchini and raisins and season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook, tossing occasionally, until the zucchini is just tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the zucchini mixture to the pasta and toss to combine. Sprinkle with the Parmesan before serving.
- Per Serving
- Calories 641
- Fat 23g
- Sat Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 5mg
- Sodium 387mg
- Protein 20g
- Carbohydrate 94g
- Sugar 20g
- Fiber 7g
- Iron 4mg
- Calcium 171mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Garlic can rapidly go from golden to scorched. Before placing it in the oil, have the zucchini sliced and ready to go. When the zucchini and raisins hit the pan, they will lower the temperature of the oil and keep the garlic from overcooking.