Spaghetti With Sweet Potatoes and Ricotta
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve ½ cup of the cooking water. Drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the potatoes, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Add the shallots and rosemary. Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Toss the pasta with the potato mixture, Parmesan, and reserved cooking water. Dollop with the ricotta before serving.
- Per Serving
- Calories 551
- Fat 13g
- Sat Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 16mg
- Sodium 566mg
- Protein 20g
- Carbohydrate 87g
- Fiber 7g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Real Simple is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit choosemyplate.gov.