spaghetti (3/4 box)
small sweet potatoes (about 1 pound), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
kosher salt and black pepper
chopped fresh rosemary
grated Parmesan (1 ounce)
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve ½ cup of the cooking water. Drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the potatoes, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Add the shallots and rosemary. Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Toss the pasta with the potato mixture, Parmesan, and reserved cooking water. Dollop with the ricotta before serving.