Spaghetti Squash Casserole With Ricotta and Spinach
Serves 8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Heat oven to 400° F. Place the squash on a rimmed baking sheet, drizzle the cut sides with the oil, place cut-side down, and roast until tender, 40 to 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the ricotta, egg, spinach, garlic, nutmeg, 1 teaspoon salt, and ⅛ teaspoon pepper.
- With a fork, gently scrape out the strands of flesh and add to the ricotta mixture. Mix gently to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to an 8-inch square baking dish, sprinkle with the mozzarella, and bake until browned and bubbling, 18 to 22 minutes.
- Per Serving
- Calories 245Calories From Fat 142
- Fat 16g
- Sat Fat 9g
- Cholesterol 76mg
- Sodium 514mg
- Protein 14g
- Carbohydrate 13g
- Sugar 4g
- Fiber 3g
- Iron 1mg
- Calcium 295mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Shave time off this recipe by cooking the squash in the microwave: Cut the squash in half lengthwise and discard the seeds. Place the halves on a plate, cut-side down, and microwave on high until tender, 10 to 12 minutes.