Spaghetti With Sauce
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, and ⅛ teaspoon pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Add the pasta to the sauce, toss, and divide among bowls.
- Per Serving
- Calories 519Calories From Fat 58
- Fat 6g
- Sat Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 496mg
- Protein 18g
- Carbohydrate 97g
- Sugar 9g
- Fiber 8g
- Iron 4mg
- Calcium 47mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Select tomatoes that are deeply colored and firm, with a little give. Sniff them if you can; if they don’t have a sweet, woody smell, give them a pass.