- 1pound dried spaghetti
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 1/2pounds beefsteak tomatoes, chopped
- 1teaspoon sugar
- kosher salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, and ⅛ teaspoon pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Add the pasta to the sauce, toss, and divide among bowls.