- 12ounces spaghetti (3⁄4 box)
- 2pounds cherry tomatoes (about 6 cups)
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed
- 3tablespoons olive oil, plus more for serving
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2cup chopped mixed fresh herbs (such as basil, parsley, and chives)
- shaved Parmesan, for serving
- Heat oven to 400° F. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, on a rimmed baking sheet, toss the tomatoes, garlic, 2 tablespoons of the oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Roast the tomatoes, tossing once, until they begin to burst, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Toss the pasta with the tomatoes, herbs, and remaining tablespoon oil. Serve with the Parmesan and additional oil (if desired).