Crispy Chickpea and Caper Spaghetti
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 3/4 pound spaghetti
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and patted dry
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup capers, drained
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Heat oven to 400° F. Cook the spaghetti according to the package directions; drain and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, combine the chickpeas, panko, capers, oil, garlic, coriander, and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast, tossing once, until crispy, 18 to 22 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas, cilantro, and lemon juice to the pasta and toss to combine.
- Serve drizzled with additional oil.
- Per Serving
- Calories 541
- Fat 16g
- Sat Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 641mg
- Protein 16g
- Carbohydrate 82g
- Sugar 2g
- Fiber 7g
- Iron 4mg
- Calcium 45mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Roasting chickpeas gives them a delicious crunchy texture, but you can also try this recipe without roasting them. Toss everything with the pasta and toast the panko.