Spaghetti With Broccoli and Lemon
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water, drain the pasta, and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until golden, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, red pepper, and 1 teaspoon salt. Cook until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the broccoli mixture, lemon juice, Parmesan, and reserved pasta water to the pasta.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring, until combined and heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle with the lemon zest and serve.
- Per Serving
- Calories 527Calories From Fat 144
- Protein 20g
- Carbohydrate 72g
- Sugar 2g
- Fiber 7g
- Fat 16g
- Sat Fat 4g
- Calcium 250mg
- Iron 3mg
- Sodium 760mg
- Cholesterol 10mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
You can substitute fresh broccoli. Choose heads that have firm stalks and tight, dark green clusters of buds.