- 1/2 medium butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 12ounces spaghetti (3/4 box)
- 1/2cup pecorino (2 ounces)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Heat oven to 450° F. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the squash with the bacon and onion. Roast, tossing occasionally, until tender, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to the package directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking water.
- Toss the spaghetti with the squash mixture, pecorino, and reserved cooking water. Season with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.