Spaghetti With Bacon Meatballs
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 small onion, very coarsely chopped
- 3 slices bacon, very coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 pound ground beef chuck
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan (2 ounces), plus more, shaved, for serving
- 3 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 12 ounces spaghetti (3/4 box)
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- Heat broiler. Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta. In a food processor, combine the onion, bacon, garlic, and parsley; pulse until finely chopped, 10 to 15 times. Transfer to a medium bowl, add the beef, Parmesan, bread crumbs, egg, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper, and mix gently to combine.
- Form the beef mixture into 16 meatballs (about 2 tablespoons each) and place on a foil-lined broilerproof rimmed baking sheet. Broil, turning once, until cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Heat the marinara sauce in a large skillet over medium heat, 2 to 3 minutes; add the meatballs and toss gently to coat. Serve over the pasta and sprinkle with the shaved Parmesan.
- Per Serving
- Calories 817
- Fat 26g
- Sat Fat 9g
- Cholesterol 138mg
- Sodium 1,617mg
- Protein 46g
- Carbohydrate 96g
- Sugar 19g
- Fiber 5g
- Iron 7mg
- Calcium 333mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .