Spaghetti With Bacon and Eggs
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 12 ounces spaghetti (3/4 of a box)
- 8 slices bacon
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan (about 2 ounces)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Cook pasta according to the package directions. Drain, reserving ½ cup of the cooking water, and return pasta to the pot.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in a nonstick or cast-iron skillet over medium heat until crisp, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Crumble when cool.
- Wipe out the skillet and return it to medium heat. Crack eggs into it and cook until whites are set but yolks are still runny, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Toss pasta with bacon, reserved pasta water, ½ cup of the Parmesan, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Divide pasta among bowls and top with eggs. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons of Parmesan.
- Per Serving
- Calories 545
- Fat 17g
- Sat Fat 6g
- Cholesterol 238mg
- Sodium 921mg
- Protein 31g
- Carbohydrate 65g
- Fiber 4g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
For a picture-perfect egg sunny-side up, break the egg into a small dish first, then slide it gently into the pan.