low-sodium soy sauce
grated fresh ginger
6-ounce pieces white fish fillet (such as cod or halibut)
plus 1 teaspoon canola oil
kosher salt and black pepper
small zucchini and summer squash (about 4 total), thinly sliced
crushed red pepper
chopped fresh mint
- Heat broiler. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, soy sauce, and ginger. Set aside.
- Place the fish on a foil-lined broilerproof rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon of the oil and season with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Broil until the fish is opaque throughout, 5 to 7 minutes. Baste with the soy mixture twice during the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the zucchini and squash, crushed red pepper, and ½ teaspoon salt. Cook, tossing frequently, until just tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Fold in the mint.
- Serve the vegetables with the fish.