- 1 12-ounce jar salsa verde
- 3 cups cooked chicken pieces (1 small deli-counter rotisserie chicken or leftovers)
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, drained
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- tortilla chips (optional)
- Empty the salsa into a large saucepan. Cook for 2 minutes over medium-high heat, then add the chicken, beans, broth, and cumin (if desired). Bring to a boil, lower heat to a simmer, and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Top each bowl with a sprinkling of onions, a dollop of sour cream, and some tortilla chips (if desired). For a soupier dish, use 4 cups of broth.