Sour-Cream Banana Coffee Cake
Serves 12| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat a 12-cup Bundt pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the chocolate chips, walnuts, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/4 cup sugar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer at medium-high speed, beat the butter with the remaining sugar until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to slow, add the rest of the cinnamon and the remaining ingredients, and beat 3 minutes or just until smooth.
- Sprinkle a third of the chocolate-nut sugar on the inside of the pan. Drop in half the batter in big spoonfuls. Sprinkle with another third of the chocolate-nut sugar mixture and top with the remaining batter. Sprinkle with the remaining chocolate-nut sugar.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Turn the coffee cake out of the pan and cool completely before cutting. Serve crusty side up.
- Per Serving
- Calories 432
- Calcium 93mg
- Carbohydrate 64g
- Cholesterol 81mg
- Fat 18g
- Fiber 2g
- Iron 2mg
- Protein 7mg
- Sat Fat 9g
- Sodium 216mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Gourmet chocolate contains high-quality cacao beans and a high percentage of cocoa butter. Inferior chocolate often has sugar added to mask the flavor.