Makes 60 cookies| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 375° F. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt.
- With an electric mixer, beat the butter, brown sugar, and 1 cup of the granulated sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. Reduce speed to low and gradually add the flour mixture, mixing just until incorporated.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the cinnamon and the remaining ¼ cup of granulated sugar. Form the dough into balls (each equal to 1 level tablespoon). Roll the balls in the cinnamon sugar mixture and place on parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing them 2 inches apart.
- Bake until the edges are golden, 12 to 14 minutes. Cool slightly on the baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Per Serving
- Calories 76Calories From Fat 38%
- Protein 1g
- Carbohydrate 11g
- Sugar 6g
- Fiber 0g
- Fat 3g
- Sat Fat 2g
- Sodium 41mg
- Cholesterol 15mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .