- 1 cup grits
- 1 cup grated Cheddar
- 4 slices bacon, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 scallions, sliced
- Cook the grits according to the package directions. Stir in the Cheddar.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel–lined plate.
- Add the shrimp and tomatoes to the skillet and cook, tossing occasionally, until the shrimp are opaque throughout, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in the scallions and the bacon and serve over the grits.