Smoky Chicken Corn Cakes
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 3 1/2- to 4-pound rotisserie chicken
- 1 tablespoon chopped canned chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 Roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta
- 10 ounces frozen corn, thawed
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream (optional)
- Using a fork or your fingers, shred the chicken meat, discarding the skin and bones.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken meat, chipotle, juice, ¼ teaspoon of the salt, onion, tomatoes, and cilantro; set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, pepper, and the remaining salt. Stir in the eggs and ricotta until no lumps remain. Fold in the corn.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Spoon in the batter ¼ cup at a time. Cook until golden brown and set on one side, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Flip the cakes and cook 1 minute more.
- Divide the cakes among plates and top with the chicken mixture. Serve with the sour cream, if desired.
- Per Serving
- Calories 591Calories From Fat 30%
- Fat 20g
- Sat Fat 6g
- Cholesterol 1,147mg
- Sodium 762mg
- Carbohydrate 43g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 8g
- Protein 59g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .