3 1/2- to 4-pound rotisserie chicken
chopped canned chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
fresh lime juice
small red onion, thinly sliced
Roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
fresh cilantro leaves
frozen corn, thawed
sour cream (optional)
- Using a fork or your fingers, shred the chicken meat, discarding the skin and bones.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken meat, chipotle, juice, ¼ teaspoon of the salt, onion, tomatoes, and cilantro; set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, pepper, and the remaining salt. Stir in the eggs and ricotta until no lumps remain. Fold in the corn.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Spoon in the batter ¼ cup at a time. Cook until golden brown and set on one side, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Flip the cakes and cook 1 minute more.
- Divide the cakes among plates and top with the chicken mixture. Serve with the sour cream, if desired.