- 4 chicken legs (drumsticks and thighs)
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon smoked or hot paprika (found in the spice section of the supermarket)
- 2 yellow onions, cut into wedges
- 1 pound gnocchi (refrigerated or shelf-stable)
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel and season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Heat the oil in a large ovenproof saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, skin-side down, and cook until the skin is crisp, about 5 minutes. Turn the chicken and add the broth, paprika, and onions. Transfer to oven and cook, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Add the gnocchi and continue cooking until the gnocchi are cooked through, about 15 minutes. Divide among individual plates.