- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- ¾ pound smoked trout fillets
- 1 pound rye bread, sliced
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- lemon wedges, for serving
- In a medium bowl, combine the onion, vinegar, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Let sit, tossing occasionally, until softened, 30 to 60 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the yogurt, dill, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Serve the trout with the bread, yogurt sauce, pickled onions, cucumber, and lemon wedges.