- 8 ounces skinless salmon fillet
- 6 ounces smoked salmon, chopped
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped capers
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- black pepper
- lettuce leaves
- 8 slices pumpernickel bread
- Heat oven to 450° F. Roast the salmon fillet on a rimmed baking sheet until cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes; let cool, then flake.
- Combine the smoked salmon, mayonnaise, celery, chives, capers, lemon zest, flaked salmon, and ¼ teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl.
- Divide the salmon salad and lettuce leaves among the bread.