- cornmeal for the pan
- 1 pound plain or whole-wheat pizza dough, thawed if frozen
- 2 sliced shallots
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche or sour cream
- 4 ounces sliced smoked salmon
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Heat oven to 425° F. Sprinkle a rimmed baking sheet with the cornmeal. Shape the dough into 4 small rounds and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the dough with the shallots, gently pressing them in, and spread with the crème fraîche.
- Bake until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Top with the smoked salmon and sprinkle with the capers and chives.